Read our latest Benefits of Membership report to find out how we are supporting our members.
What our Members are Collaborating on:
Carbon Net Zero
In 2019 the UK government passed legislation that committed the UK to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Many of our member organisations had already committed to net zero targets and still more are in the process of gathering data and developing the business case to do so.
Members that have set targets include the Field Studies Council, Grosvenor Estates, London Borough of Ealing, and National Trust.
As a Network we have been supporting our members to understand what net zero really means, how ambitious they should be, what data is needed to in order to set a target, and how to go about delivering on ambition. Read more about this work here.
We are also working to engage the senior leaders within our membership organisations to ensure that net zero aims are fully supported and resourced. We run several events each year for senior leaders in order to provide a forum in which they can share solutions and challenges, hear from practitioners and learn from external experts.
Declaring a Climate and Ecological Emergency….and Delivering
Over 60% of local authorities and many other charities and organisations have declared climate emergencies. This is a really important statement of intent, and at Fit for the Future we want this to turn into real action. By working with our founders, Ashden, and partners and friends including Sustainability West Midlands and the GLA, we are sharing knowledge on how to develop useful action plans, what areas to prioritise and examples of practical initiatives that can support the success of these plans. Net zero targets are often the basis for the strategy that turns a Climate Emergency declaration into practical action, and the two often go hand in hand.
The Net Zero panel at our 2019 member's event, the Network Harvest
- Climate change adaptation
- Sustainable procurement
- Renewable energy generation
- Resource management
Take a look at our upcoming events for more on how we do this
How Fit for the Future Works
- Our members have access to an exclusive network of contacts: more than 400 environmental practitioners from 100+ organisations who become their own personal support network
- The network team act as an ‘environmental matchmaker’, arranging meetings, facilitating partnerships, and linking up the right members so they can connect and collaborate
- Our secure online members’ area means you can tap into the network anytime, view member profiles, access resources and ask questions in the forums